The Cantek 24" Heavy Duty Cardan Shaft Drive Double Surfacer GT610HI is one of several double surface planers offered by Cantek. Review the features and specifications of each to find the one that best meets your requirements.
- Cast iron based machine.
- Chrome-plated tables and top and bottom.
- Belt driven cutterheads.
- Full Cardan shaft drive.
- A special gauging device mounted at the side of the machine quickly detects board thickness and reduces set-up errors.
- Cutterheads are mounted in Precision ABEC 7 RHP Bearings.
- Cutterheads are Carbide spiral insert type. Heads have six (6) rows of carbide inserts, positioned in a spiral pattern, staggered. Two sided knives are 30mm x 12mm x 1.5mm. These cutterheads produce an excellent finish, run much quieter than conventional straight knife heads, and require less HP to perform the planing task. The inserts are an industry standard item, and have four (2) cutting edges at 4600 RPM.
- Four (4) heavy jack posts lift the feed carpet and top head assembly by 1 HP motor.
- The Feed System uses a spring loaded pin arrangement to pass material over the bottom jointing head. A driven rubber top roll, after the top head, delivers the material out of the machine.
- VFD variable feed speed.
- LED readout at the control panel indicates opening dimension.
- Front table is wedge/gib mounted and can be adjusted by the front handwheel.
- Front mounted control panel provides electronic display of bed opening.
- Electrics to CSA/UL Standards and are 230/460 or 575 volts 3 phase 60 cycles.
- Cutterhead starters are Y-Delta providing soft start to the heads.
|Max. Working Width||24” (610 mm)|
|Max. Working Thickness||8” (200 mm)|
|Min. Working Thickness||5/16” (8 mm)|
|Min. Working Length||12” 300 mm)|
|Cutterhead RPM||4600 RPM|
|Cutterhead Diameter||5.3” (135 mm)|
|Feed Speed||20-90 FPM (6-25 m/min)|
|Top Cutterhead Motor||30 HP (optional to 40HP on request)|
|Bottom Cutterhead Motor||30 HP|
|Feed Motor||5 HP|
|Opening Hoist Motor||1 HP|
|Machine Weight||8800 lbs. (4000 kgs)|
|Shipping Weight||9680 lbs. (4400 kgs)|
|Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)||108” x 67” x 67” (2530 x 1700 x 1700 mm)|
|Shipping Dimensions (LxWxH)||116” x 73” x 72” (2950 x 1850 x 1830 mm)|